Our Environmental Consulting Client is looking to add to its team with the addition of a Practice Lead/ Principal for their Water Resources sector.
This Client differentiates themselves by thinking and acting like owners and therefore, placing emphasis on quality of work with the commitment to timelines and a strategic focus on project outcomes. This way of thinking and operating, has allowed them to grow organically and attract a diverse and experienced team of technical experts. They are recognized for taking projects from permitting to public affairs via project permitting, project management and due diligence services.
While working with their established network and anchored cliental within the mining and mineral exploration sector, they have recently been awarded a long-term project agreement with a global mining firm. This success in their business has allowed them the opportunity to grow once again, creating a brand-new job opportunity for a Practice Lead/ Principal Water Resources professional.
As the Practice Lead/Principal, you will be supporting project design, permitting and environmental assessment of various projects including the large global mining client who has assigned projects in British Columbia plus projects across continents. As Lead, you are given the autonomy to implement your technical expertise and build your very own water resources team.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducting site visits to understand the layout and connections of the system that is being modelled.
- Developing, reviewing, and leading surface water balance and water quality modelling.
- Developing technical reports and presenting modelling results.
- Interacting with clients and regulatory agency representatives.
- Supporting water management planning, project design, impact assessments, environmental risk assessments, permitting and closure planning for mining projects.
- Developing and reviewing conceptual models and basis-of-design documents.
- Third party technical reviewing of modelling and assessment work completed by other consultants.
- Developing knowledge and understanding of geochemical processes and integrated geochemical modelling.
- Providing mentoring/ leadership to junior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Geochemistry or Water Resources Engineering. Master’s or PhD an asset
- Registered or eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC as a P.Eng
- Extensive experience in water management within the mining sector.
- A strong consulting acumen is required and the ability to build, lead and mentor staff.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong self-direction, and overarching belief in client satisfaction.
- Experienced with GoldSim and Monte Carlo Simulation other software such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, R., PHREEQC considered an asset.
- Flexible work from home position / flexible hours
- Competitive compensation package plus a profit-sharing scheme
This description is not a comprehensive listing of responsibilities, and more information will be disclosed during the interviewing process which is held with the Founders/ Executives. This role is not exclusively based on job description attributes but personal ambition, drive and fit for both parties – as it is a growing firm, there is room to create a role which is a fit for your career aspirations as well as the Company’s needs.