As the Practice Area Lead/Principal, you will be supporting project design, permitting and environmental assessment of diverse projects by contributing your understanding in geochemistry and water quality assessment and management, within the mining sector.
Day to Day
- Developing, reviewing, and leading surface water balance and water quality modelling.
- Development of technical reports presenting modelling results.
- Site visits to understand the layout and connections of the system that is being modelled.
- Presenting and discussing results with clients and regulatory agency representatives.
- Support of water management planning, project design, impact assessments, environmental risk assessments, permitting and closure planning for mining projects.
- Developing and reviewing conceptual models and basis-of-design documents.
- Third party technical reviews of modelling and assessment work completed by other consultants.
- Developing knowledge and understanding of geochemical processes and integrated geochemical modelling.
- Extensive experience across surface water and water quality management within the mining space.
- A strong consulting acumen is required and the ability to build, lead and mentor staff.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong self-direction, and overarching belief in client satisfaction.
- Experienced with GoldSim and Monte Carlo Simulation.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a senior experienced professional seeking to play a key role in growing a business but also to lead a specific project (already awarded) from a multimillion-dollar mining client for the next three years. Your successes will not only to be reflected in your remuneration package but also in profit sharing OR equity within the consulting firm.
Want to know more? Contact Amy at email@example.com to set up a confidential discussion for further information on the role.